These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on sfbaaps. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
The behavior of every one of our members directly reflects upon the Respectability of this Club. As such the penalties for abuse of these policies will be direct. These may include counseling, warnings, demotion in rank or expulsion from the forum.
All decisions on chat abuse will be dealt with by the SFBAAPS Forum Moderators and Administrators. Appeals may be made to the Steering Committee and will be considered at their next meeting. Disciplinary Action will remain in effect until that time.
Message: A message is considered to be written text exchanges in the forum and verbal discussions in the audio channels.
Spamming: To fill the screen with nonsense and random junk. To excessively repeat the same or similar messages. To fill the screen with messages so as to interfere with the ability of others to communicate on legitimate, plant-related topics.
Note:WTB, WTT, and LF as long as they are otherwise not spam, and not directed at a single person are certainly acceptable.
Flaming: A direct personal malicious attack #
You are encouraged to speak in a respectful and polite manner within the limits of reason and good manners. The limits of typed communication make it easy to offend. Be willing to apologize after a misunderstanding. SFBAAPS currently has young women and men as members who are under 18. Many others have young children of ages that watch us over our shoulders and can read, or who might "listen" in to chat. Further, we are an international group of people of all ages, sexes, religions, races, and backgrounds. As such, all chat must be of a manner that is appropriate to this diverse group. You are asked to closely monitor your use of crude or offensive humor and profane or vulgar language. Harassment or slurs of any type will not be tolerated.
1. Spamming is never, ever acceptable.
2. Never speak in a manner that will bring disrespect upon your Club or your Club mates.
3. Never use vulgarity, slurs, or crude or offensive language. If you have to ask, it is not appropriate.
4. No abuse, harassment or flaming. It is for the person being harassed to decide when they feel harassed. When you are asked to stop, you must, and expect to apologize as well.
5. No d00d Speak. A little joking around using "Do aqua" or "suxorz" once in a while is fine, but if you constantly comment about your "ph@+ t@nX" or "l33+ skillz" then perhaps SFBAAPS is not the Club for you. This is not a dÃ˜Ã˜d Club.
6. Begging for plants or items is strictly prohibited. This club has always been more than generous about helping each other with plants. This should never be expected, and always be appreciated.
Consider our boards as "TV-G" rated communications.
Although this rating does not signify a program designed specifically for children, most parents may let younger children watch this program unattended. It contains little or no violence, no strong language and little or no sexual dialog or situations, and can be enjoyed by a variety of age groups. Networks that air informational, religious, educational, how-to content, or generally inoffensive content (such as the Food Network and HG-TV) usually apply a blanket TV-G rating to all of their shows (unless otherwise noted). Programming directed at preteens and teens on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel are rated TV-G. Some of Teen-Nick's programming, such as Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Drake & Josh are rated TV-G and TV-Y7 for mildly offensive language and innuendo.